07.18.22 | Work With Us
Sr. Director, SEC Reporting
LOCATION: Boston, MA (On Site)
SUMMARY: Reporting to the CFO, this position is responsible for the Company’s SEC financial reporting preparation, review and filings. This position is also responsible for interpreting operating results and ensuring adequate internal accounting controls to safeguard the Company’s assets and resources.
- Financial Statements– Prepares, reviews and files external consolidated financial statements (including international subsidiaries) for SEC purposes, ensuring that information is fairly stated in accordance with US GAAP and coordinating as appropriate with peers and cross functional groups. Reviews and ensures accuracy of technical accounting areas of internal and external financial statements, including acquisition accounting, stock-based compensation, asset impairment and other complex areas.
- Audit Fulfillment – Support annual audits and quarterly reviews and coordinates with external auditors on accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on issues and accounting policies.
- Internal Controls – Oversee Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 evaluation and compliance process
- Special Projects – Participates in company-wide initiatives and cross-functional projects that directly impact or relate to areas of responsibility. This role may also provide supplemental management / oversight to the accounting team (general ledger, account analysis, cash management, and other potential areas on an as needed basis).
- BS/BA in Accounting
- 5+ years’ experience in external SEC reporting position
- 3+ years’ experience in a publicly-traded biotechnology company
- Certified Public Accountant
- Big 4 accounting firm experience a plus
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and thorough understanding of internal accounting controls and FASB’s
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to effectively supervise, develop and motivate others
- Organization and time management skills
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (preferably NetSuite) and DFIN ActiveDisclosure
- Ability to develop, recommend and implement procedures according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and FASB’s
- On a continuous basis, analyze and prepare technical reports; interpret and evaluate staff reports; train and evaluate staff; problem solve department cost recommendations
- Follow-through, assume responsibility and use good judgement
- Prioritize workload and determine priorities
- Maintain professionalism under stressful situations
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Identify critical issues and recommend solutions to address executive concerns
- Communicate effectively and diplomatically with external and internal partners, both verbally and in writing
Interested in applying? Email HR@hibercell.com